This is something we hope to do after all the following classes; a short list of key takeaways that stood out to us. Keep in mind, there are too many key insights to count in any given lecture. Each student takes away something different. That is what is so powerful about a class like the Lean Launchpad.
Now, on to the list:
- Position yourself according to your customer (marketing-wise)
- i.e. CanScan should relate to the pain and suffering of cancer patients
- For engineers: Your company persona in terms of marketing is VERY important
- In real startups, do not pivot every week. Ensure adequate time and effort have been put forth on a given idea before labeling it as a failure.
- otherwise, you become unfocused (similar to feature-craze)
- If a competitor exists, use their product! You will learn a ton about what is good, what is bad, what is missing, and how you fit into the picture.
- Post more on the blog.
That is all for this week.